There is a get started guide with visual prompts to help you that can be downloaded here
ESSENTIAL PRE-REQUISITES BEFORE YOU START
- Computer with access to the shared drive in your surgery
- Log in to your clinical system with appropriate approval level to run MIQUEST queries
- Internet access
- Excel 2003 or later
- Latest version of the IMPAKT™ tool
1. Download and install the IMPAKT™ tool
- Download the IMPAKT™ tool here.
- Select Unzip. Once downloaded, the tool will automatically save to your S: drive (S:\IMPAKT)
- You can choose another destination drive by clicking the browse button.
- The tool will open Excel automatically.
You may need to change the security settings to allow the tool to run.
- Go to: Tools - Macro - Security: set security level to medium and make sure trust access to visual basic project is ticked under the trusted publishers tab.
Excel 2007 and 2010
- Go to: Home - Options - Trust Centre - Trust Centre Settings - Macro Settings: Make sure ‘Trust access to the VBA project object model’ box is ticked and the’ disable all macros except digitally signed macros’ option is selected as
- If prompted to accept digital signatures on the software click 'yes'.
2. Run the tool
- Start by clicking to run the start menu
- Select ‘Set up and run query set’ and press OK.
- Next, enter your Practice National ID code, select your Clinical System from the drop down list and the location to place the query set (this should be the same drive you chose earlier – normally S:\ but you can browse for different drives).
- Then select ‘Update Set’.
- You are now ready to run the query set.
Runing the query set
- In order to run the query set for your practice data, please refer to the guide for your specific practice system.
- You will need to log in to the system and run and export the query set following the instructions in System Guides on the right of the page.
- Once the query set has been run and exported, open the IMPAKT tool in excel and select the 'run the start menu' option to bring up the dialog box.
- Then select where to find the response files and where to place the result files (these will both be the drive you chose earlier - usually S for both). Select 'Analyse'.
- The analysis of your data will now take place. This may take a few minutes. It will produce an Excel spreadsheet that will be saved in the IMPAKT folder.
View your tailored, practice-based improvement reports on the My IMPAKT™
section of this site so you can easily see where you need to improve care for you CKD patients.
Latest version: 17/04/2013
Please ensure you’re using the latest version of the IMPAKT™ tool. If you have not run the tool since the above date please download the newer version and run it again.